“Sustainability continues to drive almost every conversation in the coatings industry today and will be the major theme at the American Coatings Show this year”, said Kenny Messer, Vice President, Sales at Arkema Coating Solutions. “Our teams and experts are dedicated to sharing experiences and collaborating for more sustainable solutions across the value chain. We look forward to meeting and discussing industry-wide initiatives with our customers and partners in the industry, as well as showcasing new innovations.”
Arkema Initiatives on display include:
- Reducing dependence on TiO2 in decorative paints with ENCOR® 317 vinyl acrylic resin and CELOCOR® AF opaque polymers
- Increasing the use of biobased content with SYNAQUA® 4856 alkyd, SYNAQUA® 4804 alkyd, COAPUR® HEUR thickeners, CRAYVALLAC® additives and SARTOMER® Sarbio UV Specialty resins
- Meeting SSPC Paint 47 Standards with Kynar Aquatec® PVDF resins
- Improving durability and reducing VOCs in Protective and Marine coatings with a full toolbox of SYNOCURE® acrylic polyols and NISO products, SYNOLAC® alkyds and polyesters, CRAYAMID® reactive polyamides, SYNAQUA® and ENCOR® waterborne solutions, and UNITHANE® modified alkyds
- Improving asphalt bleed resistance and maintaining reflectivity in cool roof coatings with ENCOR® Flex 1361 all acrylic, Kynar Aquatec® PVDF resins and COADIS™ 790 dispersants
- Hot tire pickup resistance on concrete surfaces with NEOCAR® Acrylic 850 resins
- Enabling ultra-low temperature cure powder coatings with REAFREE® 6846 carboxylated polyester
Other products on display include:
- RHEOTECH™ HASE thickeners
- SARTOMER® specialty UV curable resins including specialty oligomers and monomers, cationic resins and Sarbio USDA certified biobased resins. Photoinitiators and additives, including Speedcure free radical photoinitiators, amine synergists, cationic photoinitiators, UV absorbers and adhesion promoters
- DIANOL® ethylene oxide polyols for electrodeposition and can coatings
- ADIANSOL® polyether polyols for inks and graphic arts materials
- SILIPORITE® molecular sieves, high performance desiccants for polyurethane
- INIPOL®, SURFALINE® and NORAMOX® additives for pigment wetting
- ENSOLINE® specialty solvents for OEM marine, industrial, and auto protective coatings or refinish solutions.
Arkema experts will also discuss key topics and trends through multiple technical paper presentations:
- “Creative Formulating Strategies to Meet Bio-preferred Certification Requirements,” Mary Chervenak, technical account coordinator, coatings, Tuesday, April 6 at 3:30 p.m.
- “Evaluation of ASTM D7869-13 Method for Premium Architectural Finishes – II,” Dr. Kurt Wood, senior principal scientist, Wednesday, April 7 at 8:00 a.m.
- “1-K & 2-K PVDF Hybrid Dispersions for Stay-Clean Storage Tank Topcoats,” Dr. Wei Wang, principal scientist, Wednesday, April 7 at 10:50 a.m.
Finally, there will be multiple product spotlights from Arkema on the show floor:
Tuesday, April 5
9:20-9:35 am: New Biosourced HEUR PU Thickeners
Lori Howell, polymer chemist with Arkema
1:40-1:55 pm: Differentiated and Sustainable Exterior Architectural Coatings,
Anna Sanchez-Fischer, senior business development engineer with Arkema
2:40-2:55 pm: SYNAQUA® 9511 acrylic polyol emulsion, a low VOC solution for industrial coatings
Claire Reynier, global marketing and business development manager for high solids at Arkema
Wednesday, April 6
11:40–11:55 am: Options for Reducing Reliance on TiO2 (ENCOR® 317 Vinyl Acrylic, CELOCOR® AF Opaque Polymers)
Jeff Arendt, coatings application group leader, Arkema
3:40-3:55 pm: CRAYVALLAC® LV and CRAYVALLAC® OPTIMA – next generation polyamide rheology modifiers for very high solids and solvent free industrial, protective and marine coatings
Mark Piggott, sales and market development manager, Crayvallac® Additives, Arkema
“Arkema is interested in talking about every aspect of coating formulations, including achieving realistic sustainability goals in our industry,” Messer said. “We invite everyone to stop by our booth or reach out to us for more information.”
To learn more about Arkema’s offerings for coatings, visit:
ADIANSOL®, CELOCOR®, COAPUR®, CRAYVALLAC®, CRAYAMID®, DIANOL®, ENCOR®, ENSOLINE®, INIPOL®, KYNAR®, KYNAR AQUATEC®, NEOCAR®, NORAMOX®, REAFREE®, SARTOMER®, SILIPORITE®, SURFALINE®, SYNAQUA®, SYNOCURE®, SYNOLAC® and UNITHANE® are register trademarks of Arkema. COADIS™ and RHEOTECH™ are trademarks of Arkema.
© Arkema Inc. 2022 All Rights Reserved